124 Shouts - 757,078 Scrobbles
Associates were a post-punk/new wave band which formed in 1977 in Dundee, Scotland. They initially consisted of Billy MacKenzie (vocals), Alan Rankine (guitar, keyboards) and later, Michael Dempsey (bass), formerly of The Cure. After Rankine and Dempsey's departures in 1982, the band featured a fluctuating lineup revolving around MacKenzie. Their best known single is 1982's "Party Fears Two". The band split in 1990, but Billy and Alan reunited briefly in 1993. They did not play any more concerts but made some recordings which were released on the double CD "Double Hipness".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Party Fears Two - (5:12) - 2,879 plays
- Club Country - (4:48) - 1,480 plays
- White Car In Germany - (5:30) - 498 plays
- Gloomy Sunday - (4:12) - 452 plays
- Arrogance Gave Him Up - (3:02) - 394 plays
- It's Better This Way - (3:30) - 518 plays
- No - (5:51) - 438 plays
- Love Hangover - (6:09) - 607 plays
- Skipping - (4:03) - 499 plays
- Party Fears Two - Pavilion Glasgow 11/03/1985 - (4:48) - 343 plays