110 Shouts - 1,377,186 Scrobbles
The Anniversary was an indie rock band formed in 1997 in Lawrence, Kansas. The band released two full length albums: "Your Majesty and "Designing a Nervous Breakdown" as well as a number of splits. Originally a group of high school friends, Matthew Pryor of The Get Up Kids approached them about recording an album. Designing a Nervous Breakdown was the result. The band broke up on February 6, 2004 despite having a number of songs ready for a third album. Three of the members joined together to form the band The Only Children, taking a few of the completed songs along with them.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI've seen those eyes. I've watched them close at night.
And you breathe in and you breathe out again.
Sister's coming over and I'm afraid to tell her secrets that I know.
Painting without colors, it tends to make it better, it bleaches out the world.
Was it the end - the end that kept you up till the morning?
- LyricsFeeling the time peel away at my life again.
As memories combine, not sure where I've ever been.
'Cause it's the D in Detroit which scares me to no end. I'll count to ten.
When living this down makes so much sense.
We collide - and onward we do fly
- LyricsThe muscle and bone
They encase my heart, but never touch my soul
As I'll save that for water and it's shore
Fear makes friends with joy
And I'll march slowly and I'll never forget
- LyricsTurn down the headlights and look my way
We'll tell our parents the best of things no matter how awful they seem
The sickness of a family
Trace your eyes, wake and retrieve
The morning sun can look so mean - the color
- LyricsSound mixed in with discovery
Found an ancient landmark to call home
For this cold war my voice gets dry
Place problems on a shelf to sit and die
Sent off my letter, a stapled picture and one short prayer
- Sweet Marie - (3:34) - 1,043 plays
- Shu Shubat - (3:59) - 1,320 plays
- Till We Earned A Holiday - (4:33) - 1,247 plays
- Without Panasos - (4:47) - 1,208 plays
- Outro In No Minor - (5:47) - 950 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online