The Allman Brothers Band
503 Shouts - 12,750,459 Scrobbles
The Allman Brothers Band formed in 1969 in Macon, Georgia, United States and blended different strains of southern rock related music— blues, country, gospel, jazz, and more— into a flexible, jam-oriented rock and roll style. Reflecting the emergence of the "New South" and setting the style for Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Marshall Tucker Band, and many other bands, the Allman Brothers Band also oddly— or eerily, some would say— had an unusual string of untimely deaths, a pattern similar to other Southern rockers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsLord, I was born a ramblin' man,
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.
And when it's time for leavin',
I hope you'll understand,
That I was born a ramblin' man.
- LyricsWell, I've got to run to keep from hidin'
And I'm bound to keep on ridin'
And I've got one more silver dollar
But I'm not gonna let 'em catch me, no
Not gonna let 'em catch the midnight rider
- LyricsI've been run down and I've been lied to.
And I don't know why, I let that mean woman make me a fool.
She took all my money, wrecks my new car.
Now she's with one of my good time buddies,
They're drinkin' in some cross-town bar.
Seem to come and go, yeah
The Gypsy flies
From coast to coast
Knowing many, loving none
- One Way Out - (5:39) - 12,064 plays
- Blue Sky - (5:10) - 11,888 plays
- Statesboro Blues - (4:20) - 10,585 plays
- Little Martha - (2:08) - 9,225 plays
- In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed - (17:23) - 8,736 plays