The Allman Brothers Band
491 Shouts - 12,279,543 Scrobbles
The Allman Brothers Band, formed in 1969 in Macon, Georgia, United States blended strains of southern rock music - Blues, R&B, Country, Jazz, and Gospel - into a flexible, jam-oriented style of Rock and Roll that reflected the emergence of the "New South" and set the style for Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Marshall Tucker Band, and countless other Southern rockers. Oddly - or eerily, some would say - the band's unusual string of untimely deaths has been repeated in other Southern-rock bands.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ramblin' Man - (4:48) - 46,521 plays
- Midnight Rider - (2:58) - 43,079 plays
- Whipping Post - (13:08) - 24,246 plays
- Jessica - (4:00) - 22,075 plays
- Melissa - (3:55) - 19,581 plays
- One Way Out - (5:39) - 16,346 plays
- Statesboro Blues - (4:20) - 15,082 plays
- Blue Sky - (5:10) - 15,028 plays
- Ain't Wastin' Time No More - (3:41) - 10,118 plays
- In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed - (17:23) - 11,244 plays