The Allman Brothers Band
489 Shouts - 12,129,973 Scrobbles
The Allman Brothers Band, formed in 1969 in Macon, Georgia, United States blended strains of southern rock music - Blues, R&B, Country, Jazz, and Gospel - into a flexible, jam-oriented style of Rock and Roll that reflected the emergence of the "New South" and set the style for Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Marshall Tucker Band, and countless other Southern rockers. Oddly - or eerily, some would say - the band's unusual string of untimely deaths has been repeated in other Southern-rock bands.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ramblin' Man - (4:48) - 44,941 plays
- LyricsWell, I've got to run to keep from hidin'
And I'm bound to keep on ridin'
And I've got one more silver dollar
But I'm not gonna let 'em catch me, no
Not gonna let 'em catch the midnight rider
- Whipping Post - (13:08) - 25,244 plays
- Jessica - (4:00) - 23,655 plays
- One Way Out - (5:39) - 17,063 plays
- Melissa - (3:54) - 20,042 plays
- Statesboro Blues - (4:20) - 15,423 plays
- Blue Sky - (5:09) - 15,911 plays
- Ain't Wastin' Time No More - (3:40) - 10,900 plays
- In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed - (17:23) - 11,452 plays