The Allman Brothers Band
485 Shouts - 11,735,156 Scrobbles
The Allman Brothers Band, formed in 1969 in Macon, Georgia blended strains of southern rock music - Blues, R&B, Country, Jazz, and Gospel - into a flexible, jam-oriented style of Rock and Roll that reflected the emergence of the "New South" and set the style for Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Marshall Tucker Band, and countless other Southern rockers. Oddly - or eerily, some would say - the band's unusual string of untimely deaths has been repeated in other Southern-rock bands.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ramblin' Man - (4:48) - 39,207 plays
- Midnight Rider - (2:58) - 39,473 plays
- Jessica - (4:00) - 24,372 plays
- Whipping Post - (23:04) - 23,566 plays
- One Way Out - (5:39) - 17,563 plays
- Melissa - (3:54) - 19,359 plays
- Statesboro Blues - (4:20) - 14,165 plays
- Blue Sky - (5:09) - 14,717 plays
- Ain't Wastin' Time No More - (3:40) - 10,817 plays
- Trouble No More - (3:45) - 11,156 plays