The Allman Brothers Band
473 Shouts - 11,518,306 Scrobbles
The Allman Brothers Band, formed in 1969 in Macon, Georgia blended strains of southern rock music - Blues, R&B, Country, Jazz, and Gospel - into a flexible, jam-oriented style of Rock and Roll that reflected the emergence of the "New South" and set the style for Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Marshall Tucker Band, and countless other Southern rockers. Oddly - or eerily, some would say - the band's unusual string of untimely deaths has been repeated in other Southern-rock bands.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ramblin' Man - (4:48) - 40,887 plays
- Midnight Rider - (3:00) - 40,930 plays
- Jessica - (4:00) - 26,101 plays
- Whipping Post - (5:19) - 24,632 plays
- One Way Out - (5:00) - 19,256 plays
- Melissa - (3:54) - 21,556 plays
- Statesboro Blues - (4:11) - 14,468 plays
- Blue Sky - (5:12) - 15,282 plays
- Ain't Wastin' Time No More - (3:41) - 11,596 plays
- Trouble No More - (3:46) - 11,697 plays