The Allman Brothers Band
493 Shouts - 12,274,760 Scrobbles
The Allman Brothers Band, formed in 1969 in Macon, Georgia, United States blended strains of southern rock music - Blues, R&B, Country, Jazz, and Gospel - into a flexible, jam-oriented style of Rock and Roll that reflected the emergence of the "New South" and set the style for Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Marshall Tucker Band, and countless other Southern rockers. Oddly - or eerily, some would say - the band's unusual string of untimely deaths has been repeated in other Southern-rock bands.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsLord, I was born a ramblin' man
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can
And when it's time for leavin', I hope you'll understand
That I was born a ramblin' man
Well my father was a gambler down in Georgia
- LyricsWell, I've got to run to keep from hidin'
And I'm bound to keep on ridin'
And I've got one more silver dollar
But I'm not gonna let 'em catch me, no
Not gonna let 'em catch the midnight rider
- LyricsI've been run down, I've been lied to
I don't know why I let that mean woman make me out a fool
She took all my money, wrecks my new car
Now she's with one of my good time buddies
They're drinkin' in some cross town bar
Seem to come and go, yeah
The Gypsy flies
From coast to coast
Knowing many, loving none
- One Way Out - (5:39) - 16,346 plays
- Statesboro Blues - (4:20) - 15,082 plays
- Blue Sky - (5:10) - 15,028 plays
- Ain't Wastin' Time No More - (3:41) - 10,118 plays
- In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed - (17:23) - 11,244 plays