45 Shouts - 1,667,972 Scrobbles
The Abyssinians are roots reggae group from Jamaica, famous for their close harmonies and promotion of the Rastafari movement in their lyrics. The vocal trio was originally formed in 1969 by Bernard Collins, Donald Manning and Linford Manning. Their most famous songs are Satta Massagana and Y Mas Gan, both of which are delivered partially in the Ethiopian language of Amharic. This language is sacred to Rastafarians as they believe the last Emperor of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie I, to be the Christ in flesh.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Declaration Of Rights - (3:27) - 2,653 plays
- Satta Massagana - (3:29) - 2,731 plays
- Satta Massa Gana - (3:37) - 2,007 plays
- Abendigo - (3:35) - 1,518 plays
- Know Jah Today - (2:55) - 1,205 plays
- I And I - (3:33) - 1,217 plays
- The Good Lord - (3:24) - 1,130 plays
- African Race - (2:54) - 999 plays
- Y Mas Gan - (3:41) - 1,060 plays
- Peculiar Number - (3:59) - 827 plays