45 Shouts - 1,663,471 Scrobbles
The Abyssinians are roots reggae group from Jamaica, famous for their close harmonies and promotion of the Rastafari movement in their lyrics. The vocal trio was originally formed in 1969 by Bernard Collins, Donald Manning and Linford Manning. Their most famous songs are Satta Massagana and Y Mas Gan, both of which are delivered partially in the Ethiopian language of Amharic. This language is sacred to Rastafarians as they believe the last Emperor of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie I, to be the Christ in flesh.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Declaration Of Rights - (3:27) - 2,603 plays
- Satta Massagana - (3:29) - 2,683 plays
- Satta Massa Gana - (3:37) - 2,076 plays
- Abendigo - (3:35) - 1,563 plays
- I And I - (3:33) - 1,222 plays
- Know Jah Today - (2:55) - 1,240 plays
- The Good Lord - (3:24) - 1,161 plays
- African Race - (2:54) - 1,044 plays
- Y Mas Gan - (3:41) - 1,058 plays
- Peculiar Number - (3:59) - 848 plays