44 Shouts - 1,623,971 Scrobbles
The Abyssinians are roots reggae group from Jamaica, famous for their close harmonies and promotion of the Rastafari movement in their lyrics. The vocal trio was originally formed in 1969 by Bernard Collins, Donald Manning and Linford Manning. Their most famous songs are Satta Massagana and Y Mas Gan, both of which are delivered partially in the Ethiopian language of Amharic. This language is sacred to Rastafarians as they believe the last Emperor of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie I, to be the Christ in flesh.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Satta Massa Gana - (3:37) - 2,438 plays
- Declaration Of Rights - (3:27) - 3,067 plays
- Satta Massagana - (3:29) - 3,443 plays
- Abendigo - (3:35) - 2,072 plays
- I And I - (3:33) - 1,865 plays
- Know Jah Today - (2:55) - 1,718 plays
- The Good Lord - (3:24) - 1,582 plays
- African Race - (2:54) - 1,411 plays
- Y Mas Gan - (3:41) - 1,429 plays
- Peculiar Number - (3:59) - 1,223 plays