1 Shouts - 14,578 Scrobbles
Texas Gladden (1895-1967) was an American folk singer born in Saltville, Virginia. She was best known for her traditional Appalachian ballad style of singing, which she began to record in the 1930's. In 1941, along with her brother, musician Hobart Smith, she began to record with pioneer folk archivist and musicologist Alan Lomax. The largest collection of her work, which includes 37 tracks of songs and interviews is compiled on the album Texas Gladden: Ballad Legacy which Lomax produced as part of his Southern Journey series.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Three Little Babes - (2:17) - 64 plays
- Whole Heap of Little Horses - (1:26) - 52 plays
- The Little Dappled Cow - (1:42) - 38 plays
- One Morning in May - (3:20) - 29 plays
- Down In The Willow Garden - (2:49) - 30 plays
- Hicks' Farewell - (2:11) - 14 plays
- Mental Pictures (interview) - (1:07) - 19 plays
- Rose Connelly - (2:49) - 15 plays
- The Devil's nine Questions - (2:42) - 14 plays
- The House Carpenter - (3:07) - 12 plays