1 Shouts - 20,164 Scrobbles
Alger "Texas" Alexander (September 12, 1900 - April 16, 1954) was a blues singer from Jewett, Texas. A short man with a big, deep voice, Alexander started his career performing on the streets and at local parties and picnics in the Brazos River bottomlands, where he sometimes worked with Blind Lemon Jefferson. In 1927 he began a recording career that continued into the 1930s, recording sides for the Okeh and Vocalion labels in New York City, San Antonio, and Fort Worth.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blue Devil Blues - (3:22) - 297 plays
- Work Ox Blues (78 rpm Version) - (3:15) - 69 plays
- Range In My Kitchen Blues - (2:57) - 38 plays
- Work Ox Blues - (3:14) - 29 plays
- Penitentiary Moan Blues - (3:06) - 34 plays
- Levee Camp Moan Blues - (3:06) - 42 plays
- Broken Yo-yo - (3:08) - 42 plays
- Broken Yo Yo - (3:04) - 28 plays
- No More Women Blues - (3:02) - 29 plays
- Seen Better Days - (3:21) - 19 plays