1 Shouts - 20,455 Scrobbles
Alger "Texas" Alexander (September 12, 1900 - April 16, 1954) was a blues singer from Jewett, Texas. A short man with a big, deep voice, Alexander started his career performing on the streets and at local parties and picnics in the Brazos River bottomlands, where he sometimes worked with Blind Lemon Jefferson. In 1927 he began a recording career that continued into the 1930s, recording sides for the Okeh and Vocalion labels in New York City, San Antonio, and Fort Worth.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blue Devil Blues - (3:22) - 323 plays
- Work Ox Blues (78 rpm Version) - (3:15) - 61 plays
- Penitentiary Moan Blues - (3:06) - 32 plays
- Work Ox Blues - (3:14) - 26 plays
- Range In My Kitchen Blues - (2:57) - 29 plays
- Levee Camp Moan Blues - (3:06) - 39 plays
- No More Women Blues - (3:02) - 28 plays
- The Risin' Sun - (3:29) - 37 plays
- Broken Yo Yo - (3:04) - 30 plays
- Broken Yo-yo - (3:08) - 38 plays