5,717 Shouts - 52,803,595 Scrobbles
Tenacious D (often referred to as "The D" and sometimes introduced as "The Greatest Band in the world. Period.") is an American satirical rock duo formed by musicians and actors Kyle Gass and Jack Black in Los Angeles, California in 1994. Their music fuses vulgar absurdist comedy with rock music in a style that critics have described as "mock rock". The band first gained reputation in 1999, starring in a self-titled HBO TV series.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsLong time ago me and my brother Kyle here,
We was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome road.
All of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon.
In the middle of the road.
And he said:
- LyricsA long ass fucking time ago
In a town called Kickapoo
There lived a humble family
Religious through and through
But yay, there was a black sheep
- LyricsThis is a song for the ladies
But fellas, listen closely
You don't always have to fuck her hard
In fact sometimes that's not right to do
Sometimes you've got to make some love
- Lyrics[Prelude: only in movie]
Open Mic Host: This a..., next band pleased me not to read it. God dammit, I'm gonna read it anyway, because I wrote it and it's a truth. I'm fucking love this band. They're the best band ever. Period. Ladies and gentlemans, Tenacious D!
JB: Hey, what's up? Me and KG wrote this song 5 minutes ago. It's called "Master Exploder"
- LyricsYou can't kill the metal
Metal will live on
Punk Rock tried to kill the metal
But they failed as they were smite to the ground
New Wave tried to kill the metal
- Classico - (0:58) - 37,626 plays
- Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown) - (5:34) - 39,936 plays
- Wonderboy - (4:06) - 28,458 plays
- Rize of the Fenix - (5:53) - 25,784 plays
- Kielbasa - (2:59) - 19,259 plays