795 Shouts - 5,733,529 Scrobbles
Television was one of the most creative bands to emerge from New York's underground scene of the mid-'70s, creating an influential new guitar vocabulary. While guitarists Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd liked to jam, they didn't follow the accepted rock structures for improvisation — they removed the blues while retaining the raw energy of garage rock, adding complex, lyrical solo lines that recalled both jazz and rock.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Marquee Moon - (10:36) - 43,647 plays
- See No Evil - (3:48) - 38,328 plays
- Venus - (3:48) - 37,999 plays
- Friction - (4:41) - 27,786 plays
- Elevation - (5:04) - 23,651 plays
- Guiding Light - (5:31) - 21,033 plays
- Prove It - (4:59) - 20,026 plays
- Torn Curtain - (6:54) - 16,938 plays
- Marquee Moon - Remastered - (10:46) - 8,368 plays
- Careful - (3:18) - 4,596 plays