792 Shouts - 5,542,773 Scrobbles
Television was one of the most creative bands to emerge from New York's underground scene of the mid-'70s, creating an influential new guitar vocabulary. While guitarists Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd liked to jam, they didn't follow the accepted rock structures for improvisation — they removed the blues while retaining the raw energy of garage rock, adding complex, lyrical solo lines that recalled both jazz and rock.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Marquee Moon - (10:36) - 46,031 plays
- See No Evil - (3:48) - 37,947 plays
- Venus - (3:48) - 36,574 plays
- Friction - (4:41) - 28,586 plays
- Elevation - (5:04) - 24,916 plays
- Guiding Light - (5:31) - 22,027 plays
- Prove It - (4:59) - 20,980 plays
- Torn Curtain - (6:54) - 18,120 plays
- Careful - (3:18) - 5,027 plays
- Days - (3:13) - 5,259 plays