0 Shouts - 610,579 Scrobbles
Tarentel is a band based in San Francisco, California, USA which formed in 1995. Initially, the band consisted of Danny Paul Grody and Jefre Cantu-Ledesma. The line-up shifted over the years and has included John Hughes, Trevor Montgomery, Patricia Kavanaugh, Kenseth Thibideau, Jeffrey Rosenberg, Jim Redd, Tony Cross, Steve Dye and others.Read More...
The band's current lineup is Jefre Cantu-Ledesma, Danny Grody, Jim Redd, Tony Cross and Paul Clipson.
Tarentel began as a post-rock band, making extended, LP-side length instrumental pieces similar to those of Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Mogwai. Over the course three full-length albums and a number of singles and EPs, Tarentel has gradually shifted their style to a looser, more improvisational form that incorporates genres such as noise and drone as well as having a strong psychedelic element.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Open Letter to Hummingbirds - 57,380 plays
- Two Sides Of Myself Part One - 42,198 plays
- Steede Bonnet - 29,438 plays
- For Carl Sagan - 26,699 plays
- Adonai - 17,449 plays
- When We Almost Killed Ourselves - 15,943 plays
- Looking for Things - 16,678 plays
- The Waltz - 16,121 plays
- Ursa Minor, Ursa Major - 13,985 plays
- Hello! We Move Through Weather! - 12,776 plays