33 Shouts - 729,984 Scrobbles
Tanya Denise Tucker (born October 10, 1958) is an American country music singer. She may be best remembered for her debut single and trademark song "Delta Dawn," which went to number 6 on the country charts. Tucker released the song at the age of 13; she became the youngest singer to have a major hit song on the Country charts. Since the song's release, Tucker had major hit songs for the next two decades, and into the 1990s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsDelta Dawn, what's that flower you have on
Could it be a faded rose from days gone by?
And did I hear you say he was a-meeting you here today
To take you to his mansion in the sky?
She's forty-one and her daddy still calls her, 'baby'
- LyricsIn a cozy little restaurant for lovers
It seems so out of place for you and me
We used to play around, under the covers
But now it's just a place to watch TV
So love me like you used to
- LyricsShe's fifteen and he's barely driving a car
She's got his ring and he's got the keys to her heart
It's just a matter of time
They'll spread their wings and fly
Like two sparrows in a hurricane
- LyricsWhen I die I may not go to Heaven
Well, I don't know if they let cowboys in
If they don't just let me go to Texas, boy
'Cause Texas is as close as I've been
New York couldn't hold my attention
- LyricsWould you lay with me
In a field of stone
If my needs were strong
Would you lay with me
Should my lips go dry
- Down To My Last Teardrop - (2:54) - 510 plays
- If Your Heart Ain't Busy Tonight - (3:03) - 420 plays
- Old Dan Tucker's Daughter - (2:54) - 393 plays
- Tell Me About It - (3:56) - 367 plays
- It's A Little Too Late - (3:02) - 566 plays