11 Shouts - 260,016 Scrobbles
Tampa Red (January 8, 1904 - March 19, 1981), born Hudson Woodbridge but known from childhood as Hudson Whittaker, was an influential American musician. Tampa Red is best known as an accomplished and influential blues guitarist who had a unique single-string bottleneck style. His songwriting and his silky, polished slide technique influenced other leading Chicago blues guitarists, such as Big Bill Broonzy and Robert Nighthawk, as well as Muddy Waters, Elmore James, Mose Allison and many others. In a career spanning over 30 years he also recorded pop, R&B and hokum records.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- You Missed a Good Man - (3:36) - 755 plays
- It hurts me too - (2:34) - 556 plays
- Blue And Evil Blues - Remastered - 1997 - (3:07) - 353 plays
- Let Me Play with Your Poodle - (2:39) - 268 plays
- It's tight like that - (3:05) - 226 plays
- You Can't Get That Stuff No More - (3:02) - 245 plays
- Don't you lie to me - (2:58) - 212 plays
- Boogie woogie dance - (3:19) - 236 plays
- Witchin' Hour Blues - (3:15) - 201 plays
- Anna Lou Blues - (2:54) - 180 plays