11 Shouts - 255,898 Scrobbles
Tampa Red (January 8, 1904 - March 19, 1981), born Hudson Woodbridge but known from childhood as Hudson Whittaker, was an influential American musician. Tampa Red is best known as an accomplished and influential blues guitarist who had a unique single-string bottleneck style. His songwriting and his silky, polished slide technique influenced other leading Chicago blues guitarists, such as Big Bill Broonzy and Robert Nighthawk, as well as Muddy Waters, Elmore James, Mose Allison and many others. In a career spanning over 30 years he also recorded pop, R&B and hokum records.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It hurts me too - (2:34) - 550 plays
- You Missed a Good Man - (3:36) - 358 plays
- Blue And Evil Blues - Remastered - 1997 - (3:07) - 321 plays
- Let Me Play with Your Poodle - (2:39) - 316 plays
- It's tight like that - (3:05) - 306 plays
- Don't you lie to me - (2:58) - 281 plays
- You Can't Get That Stuff No More - (3:02) - 266 plays
- Boogie woogie dance - (3:19) - 220 plays
- Anna Lou Blues - (2:54) - 175 plays
- Witchin' Hour Blues - (3:15) - 161 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online