11 Shouts - 249,674 Scrobbles
Tampa Red (January 8, 1904 - March 19, 1981), born Hudson Woodbridge but known from childhood as Hudson Whittaker, was an influential American musician. Tampa Red is best known as an accomplished and influential blues guitarist who had a unique single-string bottleneck style. His songwriting and his silky, polished slide technique influenced other leading Chicago blues guitarists, such as Big Bill Broonzy and Robert Nighthawk, as well as Muddy Waters, Elmore James, Mose Allison and many others. In a career spanning over 30 years he also recorded pop, R&B and hokum records.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It hurts me too - (2:34) - 647 plays
- Blue And Evil Blues - Remastered - 1997 - (3:07) - 415 plays
- Let Me Play with Your Poodle - (2:39) - 355 plays
- It's tight like that - (3:05) - 337 plays
- Don't you lie to me - (2:58) - 268 plays
- You Can't Get That Stuff No More - (3:02) - 286 plays
- Boogie woogie dance - (3:19) - 231 plays
- Anna Lou Blues - (2:54) - 185 plays
- Hard Road Blues - (2:58) - 151 plays
- You Missed a Good Man - (3:36) - 141 plays