0 Shouts - 500,401 Scrobbles
Talla 2XLC (b. Andreas Tomalla, Germany) is a producer, musician, and DJ whose work has spanned from industrial music to trance music.Read More...
Tomalla started as a DJ, founding in 1984 the Technoclub at Frankfurt's Dorian Gray club. He was also at the time involved with a band called Moskwa TV. In 1988, he started a new project called Bigod 20, which would go on to be one of Europe's most successful EBM acts of the early 1990s.
In 1989, to distribute the music of Bigod 20 and other industrial acts in Europe, he founded the conglomerate Music Research and its primary subsidiary, Zoth Ommog Records, an important label in the underground electronic music scene for many years thereafter (though his management of the business lasted only the first several years after its inception). All the while, he kept a high profile as a remixer to many big-name artists in the world electronic dance scene.
Since the dissolution of Bigod 20 in 1994, Talla 2XLC has focused less on industrial music and more on techno and its subgenres, particularly epic trance. With Sony Records in 1997, he started the @Technoclub compilation series, which introduced many underground techno hits to mainstream European audiences.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- No Inbetween (Duderstadt Progressive Dub) - 15,907 plays
- Eternal Mystery - 13,797 plays
- Carry Me (Airbase Vocal Mix) - 11,714 plays
- Carry Me (Club Mix) - 10,508 plays
- Can You Feel the Silence - 22,930 plays
- Enjoy the silence - 13,649 plays
- Carry Me (Airbase Dub Mix) - 7,998 plays
- Psychosoma - 6,856 plays
- Descent III - 7,063 plays
- Can You Feel The Silence (Radio Version) - 7,519 plays