8 Shouts - 265,949 Scrobbles
Talmage Holt Farlow (June 7, 1921 – July 25, 1998) was an American jazz guitarist. He is considered one of the all-time great jazz guitarists. Farlow was born in Greensboro, North Carolina in 1921, with his first introduction to a stringed instrument being the mandolin (tuned like a uke), as a young child. Nearly as famous for his reluctance to perform publicly as for his outstanding abilities, he did not take up the instrument until he was 21, but within a year was playing professionally and in 1948 was with Marjorie Hyams' band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Taking a Chance On Love - (5:10) - 2,752 plays
- Autumn In New York - (5:04) - 659 plays
- Yardbird Suite - (5:18) - 373 plays
- Autumn Leaves - (1:41) - 455 plays
- Meteor - (6:40) - 379 plays
- Cherokee - (4:52) - 306 plays
- Gibson Boy - (2:46) - 328 plays
- Moonlight Becomes You - (4:25) - 347 plays
- It's You or No One - (3:27) - 323 plays
- You Stepped Out of a Dream - (5:42) - 283 plays