Tabu Ley Rochereau
8 Shouts - 95,088 Scrobbles
Tabu Ley Rochereau (Pascal Tabu, Bandundu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1940) is bandleader of Orchestre Afrisa International and one of Africa's most influential vocalists and prolific songwriters. Along with guitarist Dr Nico Kasanda, Tabu Ley pioneered soukous, the music that has delighted Africans for four decades. He internationalized his music by fusing elements of Congolese folk music with Cuban, Caribbean and Latin American rhumba.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pitié - (4:08) - 250 plays
- Mongali - (5:04) - 150 plays
- Karibou Ya Bintou - (5:47) - 209 plays
- Hafi Deo - (9:30) - 202 plays
- Kaful Mayay - (7:46) - 116 plays
- Tabalissimo - (3:20) - 102 plays
- Aon aon - (4:36) - 83 plays
- Maze - (1:20) - 86 plays
- Mokolo Nakokufa - (4:54) - 53 plays
- Pesa Le Tout - (4:37) - 60 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online