Tabu Ley Rochereau
8 Shouts - 96,825 Scrobbles
Tabu Ley Rochereau (Pascal Tabu, Bandundu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1940) is bandleader of Orchestre Afrisa International and one of Africa's most influential vocalists and prolific songwriters. Along with guitarist Dr Nico Kasanda, Tabu Ley pioneered soukous, the music that has delighted Africans for four decades. He internationalized his music by fusing elements of Congolese folk music with Cuban, Caribbean and Latin American rhumba.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pitié - (4:08) - 260 plays
- Mongali - (5:04) - 159 plays
- Karibou Ya Bintou - (5:47) - 177 plays
- Hafi Deo - (9:30) - 179 plays
- Kaful Mayay - (7:46) - 113 plays
- Tabalissimo - (3:20) - 83 plays
- Maze - (1:20) - 89 plays
- Aon-Aon - (4:38) - 102 plays
- Aon aon - (4:36) - 70 plays
- Pesa Le Tout - (4:37) - 55 plays