Tabu Ley Rochereau
8 Shouts - 92,006 Scrobbles
Tabu Ley Rochereau (Pascal Tabu, Bandundu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1940) is bandleader of Orchestre Afrisa International and one of Africa's most influential vocalists and prolific songwriters. Along with guitarist Dr Nico Kasanda, Tabu Ley pioneered soukous, the music that has delighted Africans for four decades. He internationalized his music by fusing elements of Congolese folk music with Cuban, Caribbean and Latin American rhumba.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Karibou Ya Bintou - (5:47) - 265 plays
- Mongali - (5:04) - 215 plays
- Pitié - (4:08) - 245 plays
- Kaful Mayay - (7:46) - 182 plays
- Aon aon - (4:36) - 108 plays
- Maze - (1:20) - 100 plays
- Pesa Le Tout - (4:37) - 110 plays
- Nalembi Nalembi - (2:57) - 130 plays
- Tabalissimo - (3:20) - 110 plays
- Mokolo Nakokufa - (4:54) - 119 plays