Tabu Ley Rochereau
8 Shouts - 93,735 Scrobbles
Tabu Ley Rochereau (Pascal Tabu, Bandundu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1940) is bandleader of Orchestre Afrisa International and one of Africa's most influential vocalists and prolific songwriters. Along with guitarist Dr Nico Kasanda, Tabu Ley pioneered soukous, the music that has delighted Africans for four decades. He internationalized his music by fusing elements of Congolese folk music with Cuban, Caribbean and Latin American rhumba.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pitié - (4:08) - 233 plays
- Mongali - (5:04) - 181 plays
- Karibou Ya Bintou - (5:47) - 237 plays
- Hafi Deo - (9:30) - 163 plays
- Kaful Mayay - (7:46) - 115 plays
- Aon aon - (4:36) - 92 plays
- Tabalissimo - (3:20) - 121 plays
- Maze - (1:20) - 83 plays
- Pesa Le Tout - (4:37) - 89 plays
- Nalembi Nalembi - (2:57) - 100 plays