Tabu Ley Rochereau
8 Shouts - 90,299 Scrobbles
Tabu Ley Rochereau (Pascal Tabu, Bandundu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1940) is bandleader of Orchestre Afrisa International and one of Africa's most influential vocalists and prolific songwriters. Along with guitarist Dr Nico Kasanda, Tabu Ley pioneered soukous, the music that has delighted Africans for four decades. He internationalized his music by fusing elements of Congolese folk music with Cuban, Caribbean and Latin American rhumba.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Karibou Ya Bintou - (5:47) - 256 plays
- Mongali - (5:04) - 225 plays
- Pitié - (4:08) - 257 plays
- Kaful Mayay - (7:46) - 213 plays
- Aon aon - (4:36) - 132 plays
- Maze - (1:20) - 103 plays
- Nalembi Nalembi - (2:57) - 148 plays
- Pesa Le Tout - (4:37) - 124 plays
- Tabalissimo - (3:20) - 102 plays
- Mokolo Nakokufa - (4:54) - 125 plays