Tabu Ley Rochereau
8 Shouts - 90,768 Scrobbles
Tabu Ley Rochereau (Pascal Tabu, Bandundu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1940) is bandleader of Orchestre Afrisa International and one of Africa's most influential vocalists and prolific songwriters. Along with guitarist Dr Nico Kasanda, Tabu Ley pioneered soukous, the music that has delighted Africans for four decades. He internationalized his music by fusing elements of Congolese folk music with Cuban, Caribbean and Latin American rhumba.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Karibou Ya Bintou - (5:47) - 252 plays
- Mongali - (5:04) - 233 plays
- Pitié - (4:08) - 236 plays
- Kaful Mayay - (7:46) - 199 plays
- Aon aon - (4:36) - 131 plays
- Maze - (1:20) - 105 plays
- Pesa Le Tout - (4:37) - 134 plays
- Nalembi Nalembi - (2:57) - 154 plays
- Tabalissimo - (3:20) - 115 plays
- Mokolo Nakokufa - (4:54) - 133 plays