Tabu Ley Rochereau
8 Shouts - 86,911 Scrobbles
Tabu Ley Rochereau (Pascal Tabu, Bandundu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1940) is bandleader of Orchestre Afrisa International and one of Africa's most influential vocalists and prolific songwriters. Along with guitarist Dr Nico Kasanda, Tabu Ley pioneered soukous, the music that has delighted Africans for four decades. He internationalized his music by fusing elements of Congolese folk music with Cuban, Caribbean and Latin American rhumba.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Karibou Ya Bintou - (5:47) - 358 plays
- Mongali - (5:04) - 261 plays
- Kaful Mayay - (7:46) - 238 plays
- Pitié - (4:08) - 282 plays
- Aon aon - (4:36) - 163 plays
- Nalembi Nalembi - (2:57) - 159 plays
- Maze - (1:20) - 100 plays
- Pesa Le Tout - (4:37) - 133 plays
- Tabalissimo - (3:20) - 114 plays
- Savon Omo - (4:40) - 110 plays