2 Shouts - 5,623 Scrobbles
T.R. Mahalingam (November 6, 1926—May 31, 1986), affectionately known as Mali, was a flautist who revolutionized the style of flute-playing in carnatic music. T.R. Mahalingam was born in Tiruvidaimarudur, Tanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, to Ramaswami Iyer and Brahadambal. His parents named him after Mahalingaswami, the deity of the nearby Hindu temple. He had an elder sibling Devaki and started learning to sing from his maternal uncle, Jalra Gopala Ayyar, who ran a famous music school.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ninuvina Pt. 1 - (3:13) - 8 plays
- Ragamalika - (20:53) - 5 plays
- Javali - (4:48) - 5 plays
- Chinnam Chiru Kiliye - (9:36) - 8 plays
- Raga: Shankarabharanam - Thala Adi - (9:55) - 5 plays
- Nadabindu Kalaodi - (3:05) - 5 plays
- Mahudi - (3:31) - 4 plays
- Sarasija Nabha - (14:33) - 3 plays
- Evarani (Ragam: Nadachinthamani) - (3:31) - 3 plays
- Folk Melody - (9:25) - 3 plays