0 Shouts - 460,898 Scrobbles
There are at least nine artists under the name "Switch".Read More...
1) Ohio funk band, they began as First Class in 1975. Jermaine Jackson discovered the group that included lead vocalists Phillip Ingram and Bobby DeBarge, with band members Greg Williams, Tommy DeBarge, Eddie Fluellan, and Jody Sims. They had a huge hit in 1978 with "There'll Never Be," a Top Ten R&B single. They also had two others during their tenure on Gordy, "I Call Your Name" in 1979 and "Love Over and Over Again" in 1980. Phillip Ingram went on his own in 1980, and Bobby and Tommy also departed to join the family group DeBarge. Percussionist/vocalist Renard Gallo and Gonzales Ozen and keyboardist Attala Zane Giles were their replacements. They left Gordy for Total Experience in 1984, cutting the LP Am I Still Your Boyfriend?
2) Spanish dance act produced by Alejandro Cedillo, Pedro Generelo, Victor J. Iglesias. Label: Bit Music. They recorded the hits "Some Guys Have All The Luck", "Last Christmas" and "Boundaries of Your Mind".
3) Dance act from Switzerland. It consisted of Sandra Van Velse and rappers Fab One, and Style Bee. Producer were Gutze Gautschi. They recorded the singles U & Me and Take 2 the Top.
4) German eurodance act consisted of Amir Saraf, Noreen Crayton, and Ullrich Brenner. They recorded the single Talk 2 Me in 1996.
5) Producer, Remixer and DJ Dave Taylor, also known/part of as Switch, Solid Groove, Modeler, the Brucker in A Brucker, Induceve and Major Lazer. Switch used to be Trevor Loveys and Dave Taylor but when Loveys left the duo Taylor used Switch as another solo moniker. Owns Dubsided Records and currently working with Beyonce. He has also produced M.I.A's last two albums.
6) Psytrance producer by the name Irad Brant, 21 year old from Israel. a cross between the old ways and the new ways of electronic production. Power Trance as Switch calls it is nothing but pure dance-floor music with elements of tech trance break-beats and pure psytrance.
7) The pop electronica drum 'n' bass project of Richard Gallon (Funkturm, Chemical Plant) and Kay Grant which released the single "What You Are" on D.O.R.
8) Switch (Jesse Weijers) was born and raised in the Netherlands (Nijmegen). At the age of 8 he started playing the trumpet. After improvising on all kinds of jazz/soul music for about 10 years, he got into producing music on his computer. Influenced by jazz, hiphop, techno, minimal house etc switch uses this combination to create an eclectic sound.
Now, 6 years later his productions are getting support from the likes of: Marcus Intalex, Ltj Bukem, Fabio, Commix, Flight, Martyn, Beta 2 & Zero Tolerance, Alix Perez, Sabre, Redeyes, Gilles Peterson and more.
Watch out for releases on, Soul:R, Creative Source, Rubik, Osiris & Spearhead.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Bit Patchy - 79,658 plays
- A Bit Patchy (Eric Prydz Remix) - 76,307 plays
- A Bit Patchy (Fabriclive 33) - 7,493 plays
- LyricsSince we are lyin' here, ah
For the first time, you and I
Show me what you'll do for me
And then will I
Don't try to hide your nature
- Get On Downz - 7,206 plays
- A Bit Patchy (Club Mix) - 5,891 plays
- I Call Your Name - 10,572 plays
- Get Ya Dub On - 5,659 plays
- Just Bounce 2 This - 5,061 plays
- I Wanna Be Closer - 7,040 plays