0 Shouts - 322,257 Scrobbles
There are at least two bands with the name Swell.Read More...
1. An American indie and lo-fi band formed in San Francisco, California in 1989
2. An Australian prog-rock instrumental trio, based in Melbourne; incorporating media and live generated visuals to their live performances.
1. Swell are an American indie and lo-fi band formed in San Francisco, California in 1989 by David Freel (guitar/vocals) and drummer Sean Kirkpatrick. Joined by bassist Monte Vallier and second guitarist John Dettman, the band issued their self-titled debut album (1990) and follow-up 'Well..?' (1991) on their own Psycho Specific imprint to positive reviews and college radio airplay.
Plaudits from musical luminaries such as British DJ John Peel followed, and in the tailwind of the grunge explosion Swell signed a record deal with Warner Brothers offshoot Def American. Their first major-label album '41' (1994) was released to a warm critical reception, but problems with Def American's finances led to Swell leaving the label with fourth album 'Too Many Days Without Thinking' already partly recorded.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- What I Always Wanted - 9,764 plays
- Forget About Jesus - 7,680 plays
- Is That Important? - 7,142 plays
- Fuck Even Flow - 6,785 plays
- Throw the Wine - 6,304 plays
- Song Seven - 6,191 plays
- Kinda Stoned - 6,773 plays
- At Long Last - 5,957 plays
- In the Door, Up the Stairs - 4,431 plays
- Smile My Friend - 5,016 plays