195 Shouts - 1,138,394 Scrobbles
Swell Maps were a British experimental rock group of the 1970s from Birmingham, that foreshadowed the birth of post-punk. Influenced by the disparate likes of T. Rex and the German progressive outfit Can, they created a new soundscape that would be heavily mined by others in the post-punk era. Despite existing in various forms since 1972, Swell Maps only really came together as a musical entity after the birth of British punk rock.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Another Song - (1:43) - 2,772 plays
- Vertical Slum - (1:11) - 2,411 plays
- H.S. Art - (2:15) - 2,113 plays
- Spitfire Parade - (3:10) - 2,085 plays
- The Helicopter Spies - (4:18) - 2,070 plays
- Midget Submarines - (4:33) - 1,986 plays
- Robot Factory - (2:25) - 1,679 plays
- Let's Buy A Bridge - (1:55) - 1,673 plays
- Full Moon in My Pocket - (1:29) - 1,644 plays
- Harmony in Your Bathroom - (5:25) - 1,608 plays