54 Shouts - 314,529 Scrobbles
Swell are an American indie and lo-fi band formed in San Francisco, California in 1989 by David Freel (guitar/vocals) and drummer Sean Kirkpatrick. Joined by bassist Monte Vallier and second guitarist John Dettman, the band issued their self-titled debut album (1990) and follow-up 'Well..?' (1991) on their own Psycho Specific imprint to positive reviews and college radio airplay.
Plaudits from musical luminaries such as British DJ John Peel followed, and in the tailwind of the grunge explosion Swell signed a record deal with Warner Brothers offshoot Def American.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Forget About Jesus - (4:15) - 605 plays
- What I Always Wanted - (4:59) - 548 plays
- Song Seven - (4:43) - 254 plays
- At Long Last - (4:59) - 320 plays
- Kinda Stoned - (3:47) - 304 plays
- Is That Important? - (3:03) - 243 plays
- In the Door, Up the Stairs - (2:01) - 209 plays
- Here It Is - (4:01) - 216 plays
- Smile My Friend - (3:27) - 196 plays
- Throw the Wine - (4:54) - 227 plays