Swearing at Motorists
0 Shouts - 200,469 Scrobbles
Swearing at Motorists is a two-piece rock and roll band comprised of Dave Doughman (guitar, vocals) and Joseph Siwinski (drums). They formed in Dayton, Ohio in the late 1990s. Joseph Siwinski replaced Don Thrasher (formerly of Guided by Voices), who had originally been on drums.Read More...
Heavily influenced by other lo-fi music, Swearing at Motorists' songs are characterized by emphatic, crunching tonic chords, emotive vocals, and raw recordings, though with more emphasis on production than many lo-fi acts. Lyrically, Doughman blends narratives of seemingly mundane everyday occurrences with occasional elements of surrealism or subtle commentary, such as in Calgon Take Me Away. Perhaps the best known Swearing at Motorists song, Flying Pizza, named after a Dayton pizzeria, details an unpleasant encounter with an old acquaintance.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Flying Pizza - 11,544 plays
- Northern Line - 8,922 plays
- Timing Is Everything - 7,003 plays
- Silver Bells - 3,252 plays
- Calgon Take Me Away - 4,099 plays
- Lost Your Wig - 4,375 plays
- This Flag Signals Goodbye - 4,096 plays
- Not Tonight - 3,853 plays
- This Is Not How Forever Begins - 4,237 plays
- Done in a Hurry - 3,787 plays