Swearing At Motorists
0 Shouts - 194,927 Scrobbles
Swearing at Motorists is a two-piece rock and roll band comprised of Dave Doughman (guitar, vocals) and Joseph Siwinski (drums). They formed in Dayton, Ohio in the late 1990s. Joseph Siwinski replaced Don Thrasher (formerly of Guided by Voices), who had originally been on drums.Read More...
Heavily influenced by other lo-fi music, Swearing at Motorists' songs are characterized by emphatic, crunching tonic chords, emotive vocals, and raw recordings, though with more emphasis on production than many lo-fi acts. Lyrically, Doughman blends narratives of seemingly mundane everyday occurrences with occasional elements of surrealism or subtle commentary, such as in Calgon Take Me Away. Perhaps the best known Swearing at Motorists song, Flying Pizza, named after a Dayton pizzeria, details an unpleasant encounter with an old acquaintance.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Flying Pizza - 11,151 plays
- Northern Line - 8,810 plays
- Timing Is Everything - 6,878 plays
- Silver Bells - 3,212 plays
- Calgon Take Me Away - 3,987 plays
- Lost Your Wig - 4,331 plays
- This Flag Signals Goodbye - 4,013 plays
- This Is Not How Forever Begins - 4,200 plays
- Not Tonight - 3,813 plays
- Done in a Hurry - 3,752 plays