7,209 Shouts - 14,671,620 Scrobbles
Swans is a band from New York, United States, active from 1982 to 1997, reformed in 2010, led by singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Michael Gira. Marginally associated with the no wave scene at first, their original sound was slow and extremely heavy, with live performances that were often so brutal and physical that in a number of instances certain audience members were made ill, police were called and venues were shut down. This early physical sound is possibly best heard on the live album Public Castration Is a Good Idea.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Screen Shot - (12:33) - 90,389 plays
- A Little God In My Hands - (7:10) - 74,336 plays
- Just A Little Boy (for Chester Burnett) - (12:39) - 60,502 plays
- Oxygen - (4:26) - 46,835 plays
- LyricsWe seed, we feel, we need, we fight
We seal, we cut, we seek, we love
We grow, we take, we eat, we break
We hunt, we hurt, we seize, we kneel
We heal, we fuck, we pray, we hate
- She Loves Us - (19:19) - 35,401 plays
- Kirsten Supine - (5:18) - 31,654 plays
- To Be Kind - (3:12) - 29,957 plays
- Nathalie Neal - (7:54) - 29,153 plays
- Lunacy - (6:09) - 27,774 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online