6,387 Shouts - 11,060,045 Scrobbles
Swans is a band from New York City, New York, United States, active from 1982 to 1997, reformed in 2010, led by singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Michael Gira. Marginally associated with the no wave scene at first, their original sound was slow and extremely heavy, with live performances that were often so brutal and physical that in a number of instances certain audience members were made ill, police were called and venues were shut down. This early physical sound is possibly best heard on the live album Public Castration Is a Good Idea.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lunacy - (6:09) - 27,085 plays
- Mother of the World - (9:57) - 24,195 plays
- The Wolf - (1:35) - 20,702 plays
- The Seer - (32:14) - 20,104 plays
- Avatar - (8:51) - 17,237 plays
- The Daughter Brings the Water - (2:40) - 14,033 plays
- The Seer Returns - (6:17) - 14,852 plays
- Song for a Warrior - (3:58) - 14,106 plays
- I Am the Sun - (3:23) - 14,114 plays
- New Mind - (5:28) - 11,996 plays