7,038 Shouts - 13,109,510 Scrobbles
Swans is a band from New York City, New York, United States, active from 1982 to 1997, reformed in 2010, led by singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Michael Gira. Marginally associated with the no wave scene at first, their original sound was slow and extremely heavy, with live performances that were often so brutal and physical that in a number of instances certain audience members were made ill, police were called and venues were shut down. This early physical sound is possibly best heard on the live album Public Castration Is a Good Idea.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Screen Shot - (12:33) - 116,296 plays
- A Little God In My Hands - (7:10) - 109,125 plays
- Just A Little Boy (for Chester Burnett) - (12:39) - 87,210 plays
- Some Things We Do - (5:09) - 57,606 plays
- Oxygen - (4:26) - 62,283 plays
- Kirsten Supine - (5:18) - 51,142 plays
- She Loves Us - (19:19) - 48,900 plays
- Nathalie Neal - (7:54) - 46,148 plays
- To Be Kind - (3:12) - 46,591 plays
- Lunacy - (6:09) - 35,032 plays