6,288 Shouts - 10,510,377 Scrobbles
Swans is a band from New York City, New York, United States, active from 1982 to 1997, reformed in 2010, led by singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Michael Gira. Marginally associated with the no wave scene at first, their original sound was slow and extremely heavy, with live performances that were often so brutal and physical that in a number of instances certain audience members were made ill, police were called and venues were shut down. This early physical sound is possibly best heard on the live album Public Castration Is a Good Idea.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lunacy - (6:09) - 29,681 plays
- Mother of the World - (9:57) - 26,487 plays
- The Wolf - (1:35) - 22,198 plays
- The Seer - (32:14) - 22,088 plays
- Avatar - (10:36) - 18,782 plays
- The Daughter Brings the Water - (2:40) - 15,471 plays
- The Seer Returns - (6:17) - 16,278 plays
- Song for a Warrior - (3:58) - 15,487 plays
- I Am the Sun - (3:23) - 14,200 plays
- A Piece of the Sky - (19:10) - 11,521 plays
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release
- Jay Z Leads The GRAMMYs Nominations Pack With 9 Nods