1 Shouts - 19,826 Scrobbles
Svend Asmussen (born February 28, 1916 in Copenhagen, Denmark) is a jazz violinist from Denmark, known as "The Fiddling Viking". Asmussen grew up in a musical family, starting violin lessons at age 7. At age 16 he first heard recordings by jazz violin great Joe Venuti and began to emulate his style. He started working professionally as a violinist, vibraphonist, and singer at age 17, leaving his formal training behind for good.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Et Menn'Ske Li'Som Du - (4:02) - 137 plays
- Prelude For Svend - (3:53) - 51 plays
- June Night - (4:31) - 25 plays
- Praeludium II - (3:12) - 34 plays
- Golgatha - 14 plays
- Men's Living Joy - (5:34) - 10 plays
- Ah, Vous Dirais-je Maman - (2:58) - 9 plays
- Praludium II - (3:14) - 10 plays
- Air - (3:47) - 10 plays
- Inventio 13 - (3:01) - 9 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online