1 Shouts - 19,013 Scrobbles
Svend Asmussen (born February 28, 1916 in Copenhagen, Denmark) is a jazz violinist from Denmark, known as "The Fiddling Viking". Asmussen grew up in a musical family, starting violin lessons at age 7. At age 16 he first heard recordings by jazz violin great Joe Venuti and began to emulate his style. He started working professionally as a violinist, vibraphonist, and singer at age 17, leaving his formal training behind for good.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Et Menn'Ske Li'Som Du - (4:02) - 124 plays
- June Night - (4:31) - 36 plays
- Prelude For Svend - (3:53) - 45 plays
- Praeludium II - (3:12) - 31 plays
- Exactly Like You - (2:28) - 11 plays
- Golgatha - 17 plays
- June Night - 1988 Digital Remaster; - (2:57) - 13 plays
- Inventio 15 - (3:57) - 16 plays
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (2:55) - 15 plays
- Honeysuckle Rose - (2:48) - 9 plays