7 Shouts - 16,038 Scrobbles
James Marcellus Arthur "Sunny" Murray (born Idabel, Oklahoma in 1936) is one of the pioneers of the free jazz style of drumming. Murray spent his youth in Philadelphia before moving to New York City where he began playing with Cecil Taylor: "We played for about a year, just practicing, studying - we went to workshops with Varèse, did a lot of creative things, just experimenting, without a job". He featured on the influential 1962 concerts in Denmark released as Nefertiti the Beautiful One Has Come.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- R.I.P. - (9:24) - 72 plays
- Virtue - (11:07) - 52 plays
- Red Cross - (7:52) - 35 plays
- Suns Of Africa, Part. I - (15:08) - 21 plays
- flower trane - (13:45) - 24 plays
- Suns Of Africa, Part. II - (2:36) - 22 plays
- Hilariously - (11:07) - 24 plays
- Justice - (12:43) - 26 plays
- Black Art - (6:31) - 28 plays
- An Even Break - (7:21) - 18 plays