4,206 Shouts - 8,719,350 Scrobbles
Summoning is an epic atmospheric black metal band from Vienna, Austria. Their style has been described as Tolkien black metal - not without reason, for the lyrics on most of the albums they have published deal with the mythological world of J.R.R. Tolkien. The notable exception being "Stronghold", which takes its lyrical content from many of Tolkien's poems rather than directly from his novels. Summoning was formed somewhere in 1993 by Silenius (Michael Gregor), Protector (Richard Lederer) and Trifixion (Alexander Trondl) who met in a pub they used to frequent.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsBeneath the moon and under star
he wandered far from northern strands,
bewildered on enchanted ways
beyond the days of mortal lands.
Through evernight he back was borne
- LyricsThe windy years have strewn down distant ways;
and in the halls still doth thy spirit sing
songs of old memory amid thy present tears,
or hope of days to come half sad with many fears.
Though along thy paths no longer runs
- LyricsWhere forest stream went through the wood
And silent all the stens there stood
Of tall trees, moveless, hanging dark
With mottled shadows on their bark
As faint as deepest sleeper's breath
- Lyricsilu vanya, fanya, eari
i-mar, ar ilqa imen.
na uye sere indo-ninya simen, ullume;
ten si ye tyelma, yeva tyel ar i-narqelion,
fre ilqa yeva notina, hostainieva, yallume:
- LyricsWhile, i, look at the moon ... alone i look out under moonlight
From in my windy tower ... from in my white and windy tower
Ye bide no moment and await no hour,
But go with solemn song and harpers tune
Through the darkest night ... through darkest night and shadow seashores
- Caradhras - (9:32) - 14,680 plays
- Bauglir - (2:55) - 10,840 plays
- The Wandering Fire - (8:02) - 11,496 plays
- Earthshine - (9:33) - 11,958 plays
- Across the Streaming Tide - (10:15) - 8,882 plays