6 Shouts - 72,569 Scrobbles
Hezekiah Leroy Gordon Smith (August 14, 1909 – September 25, 1967), better known as Stuff Smith, was an American jazz violinist. He is well known for the song "If You're a Viper". Smith was, along with Stéphane Grappelli, Svend Asmussen and Joe Venuti, one of jazz music's preeminent violinists of the swing era.
He was born in Portsmouth, Ohio in 1909 and studied violin with his father. Smith cited Louis Armstrong as his primary influence and inspiration to play jazz, and like Armstrong, was a vocalist as well as instrumentalist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Ain't Right - (2:40) - 720 plays
- Nice And Warm - (3:13) - 77 plays
- Here Comes The Man With The Jive - (3:10) - 91 plays
- Twilight in Turkey - (2:24) - 56 plays
- You'se A Viper - (3:05) - 55 plays
- Blues In The Dungeon - (8:36) - 69 plays
- It's Wonderful - (4:03) - 36 plays
- April In Paris - (4:12) - 41 plays
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - (4:28) - 41 plays
- Old Joe's Hittin' The Jug - (2:45) - 57 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online