6 Shouts - 73,351 Scrobbles
Hezekiah Leroy Gordon Smith (August 14, 1909 – September 25, 1967), better known as Stuff Smith, was an American jazz violinist. He is well known for the song "If You're a Viper". Smith was, along with Stéphane Grappelli, Svend Asmussen and Joe Venuti, one of jazz music's preeminent violinists of the swing era.
He was born in Portsmouth, Ohio in 1909 and studied violin with his father. Smith cited Louis Armstrong as his primary influence and inspiration to play jazz, and like Armstrong, was a vocalist as well as instrumentalist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Ain't Right - (2:40) - 680 plays
- Nice And Warm - (3:13) - 81 plays
- Here Comes The Man With The Jive - (3:10) - 81 plays
- Twilight in Turkey - (2:24) - 64 plays
- You'se A Viper - (3:05) - 72 plays
- Old Joe's Hittin' The Jug - (2:45) - 57 plays
- i hope gabriel likes my music - (2:45) - 62 plays
- Upstairs - (3:04) - 39 plays
- It's Wonderful - (4:03) - 36 plays
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - (4:28) - 37 plays