6 Shouts - 69,132 Scrobbles
Hezekiah Leroy Gordon Smith (August 14, 1909 – September 25, 1967), better known as Stuff Smith, was an American jazz violinist. He is well known for the song "If You're a Viper". Smith was, along with Stéphane Grappelli, Svend Asmussen and Joe Venuti, one of jazz music's preeminent violinists of the swing era.
He was born in Portsmouth, Ohio in 1909 and studied violin with his father. Smith cited Louis Armstrong as his primary influence and inspiration to play jazz, and like Armstrong, was a vocalist as well as instrumentalist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Ain't Right - (2:40) - 904 plays
- Here Comes The Man With The Jive - (3:10) - 139 plays
- Bowing-Bowing - 95 plays
- Blues In The Dungeon - (8:36) - 96 plays
- Twilight in Turkey - (2:24) - 89 plays
- You'se A Viper - (3:05) - 111 plays
- Old Joe's Hittin' The Jug - (2:45) - 98 plays
- Onyx Club Spree - (3:28) - 82 plays
- It's Wonderful - (4:03) - 76 plays
- After You've Gone - (3:11) - 93 plays
- Sia’s In The Billboard Top 10 For The First Time As A Solo Artist
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations