6 Shouts - 59,370 Scrobbles
Hezekiah Leroy Gordon Smith (14th September 1909-25th September 1967), better known as Stuff Smith, was an American jazz violinist. Smith was, along with Stéphane Grappelli and Joe Venuti, one of jazz music's preeminent violinists of the swing era. He was born in Portsmouth, Ohio in 1909 and studied violin with his father. Smith cited Louis Armstrong as his primary influence and inspiration to play jazz, and like Armstrong, was a vocalist as well as instrumentalist. In the 1920s he played in Texas as a member of Alphonse Trent's band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Ain't Right - (2:40) - 1,269 plays
- Here Comes The Man With The Jive - (3:10) - 229 plays
- Twilight in Turkey - (2:24) - 188 plays
- Bowing-Bowing - 122 plays
- You'se A Viper - (3:05) - 163 plays
- Old Joe's Hittin' The Jug - (2:45) - 125 plays
- How High The Moon - (7:48) - 79 plays
- After You've Gone - (7:17) - 148 plays
- April In Paris - (4:12) - 70 plays
- Ain't she sweet - (3:57) - 67 plays