Stuart A. Staples
46 Shouts - 394,986 Scrobbles
Lead singer of the Tindersticks. Born on 14 November 1965
in Nottingham. Like Tom Waits or Mark Lanegan, Stuart Staples has a ragged voice that sounds like it's been wrecked by years of cigarettes and alcohol. Whether singing his lyrics in a whispery croon or incoherent mumble, Staples captures the twilight atmosphere of a lonely, dilapidated pub, creating sorrowful music that has little punch in daylight but becomes cathartic for lost souls in the late evening. In 1992, Staples formed the Tindersticks, originally a trio called Asphalt Ribbons, in Nottingham, England.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- That Leaving Feeling - (4:02) - 1,918 plays
- Already Gone - (3:52) - 1,101 plays
- Goodbye To Old Friends - (6:13) - 1,010 plays
- Somerset House - (4:12) - 584 plays
- This Road Is Long - (3:53) - 563 plays
- Which Way The Wind - (3:12) - 623 plays
- Dance With An Old Man - (2:09) - 414 plays
- One More Time - (3:28) - 486 plays
- Friday Night - (5:18) - 424 plays
- This Old Town - (4:00) - 358 plays