2 Shouts - 0 Scrobbles
David Akeman (June 17, 1916–November 10, 1973), better known as Stringbean, was an American country music banjo player and comedy musician best known for his role on the hit television show, Hee Haw. A member of the Grand Ole Opry, Akeman and his wife were murdered by burglars at their rural Tennessee home in 1973. Biography Early life and career Born in Annville, Jackson County, Kentucky, Akeman came from a musical family and was taught to play banjo by his father. He acquired his first real banjo when he was 12 years old in exchange for a pair of prize bantam chickens.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stringbean And His Banjo - (2:41) - 28 plays
- Give Me Back My Five Dollars - (2:30) - 9 plays
- Train Special 500 - (2:09) - 22 plays
- John Henry - (2:26) - 10 plays
- The Rain Outside - (3:58) - 7 plays
- Run Little Rabbit Run - 10 plays
- Barnyard Banjo Pickin' - (2:19) - 9 plays
- Liza Jane - (1:54) - 9 plays
- Kill Me (Baby) - (5:29) - 7 plays
- Bully Of The Town - (1:55) - 6 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online