2 Shouts - 10,043 Scrobbles
David Akeman (June 17, 1916–November 10, 1973), better known as Stringbean, was an American country music banjo player and comedy musician best known for his role on the hit television show, Hee Haw. A member of the Grand Ole Opry, Akeman and his wife were murdered by burglars at their rural Tennessee home in 1973. Biography Early life and career Born in Annville, Jackson County, Kentucky, Akeman came from a musical family and was taught to play banjo by his father. He acquired his first real banjo when he was 12 years old in exchange for a pair of prize bantam chickens.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stringbean And His Banjo - (2:41) - 16 plays
- Bully Of The Town - (1:55) - 7 plays
- Run Little Rabbit Run - 6 plays
- John Henry - (2:26) - 6 plays
- Gravity - (2:53) - 8 plays
- Time To Go - (4:49) - 8 plays
- Train Special 500 - (2:09) - 5 plays
- Short Life And Trouble - (2:56) - 4 plays
- Liza Jane - (1:54) - 5 plays
- Luck Runs Out - (4:24) - 7 plays