629 Shouts - 6,073,736 Scrobbles
Strike Anywhere is a melodic hardcore/punk band from Richmond, Virginia. They formed in 1999 after the demise of frontman Thomas Barnett's previous band, Inquisition. Their music is characterized by fast tempos, catchy melodies, and socially conscious lyrics. They have released 4 full-length albums and are currently signed to Bridge Nine Records. Strike Anywhere is a political band, with lyrics touching on such issues as police brutality, anarchism, anti-capitalism, women's rights, animal rights, and globalization.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsLook how the ruts cling to my footsteps
The fatal invisible tool, by which we define
We fight for our approval
And fear our removal from the safety of fools
From the tidal forces of our positions
- LyricsWhich lie is the one
that will take me
and which war
Generations of wage slave data
family stories they said don't matter
- LyricsSo I'll write these words now
for you my friend
here after all this time
we may never sing this one
it's just here as a light to help you
- LyricsAre we running so far from facing
The numbers who crash in an empty room.
False visions we search
And the reflections consume.
But the mirror is everyone's tomb.
- I'm Your Opposite Number - (2:16) - 6,373 plays
- Refusal - (2:41) - 4,359 plays
- Prisoner Echoes - (2:37) - 4,670 plays
- How To Pray - (2:25) - 4,164 plays
- Blaze - (2:02) - 4,341 plays
- The Promise - (2:06) - 3,837 plays