27 Shouts - 24,665 Scrobbles
Strictly Ballroom was founded in late 1994 by a bunch of former KXLU DJs -- guitarist/singer Chris Gunst, second guitarist Paul Larson, bassist Jimmy Tamborello, drummer Ian MacKinnon, and keyboardist/percussionist Jimmy Hay. The band's sound was described as "Enocore" by the press and fans at the time, due to their Brian Eno-like soundscaping merged with the sounds of hardcore. Signed to the Waxploitation label, the quintet issued the album Hide Here Forever in 1998, and became a college radio favorite, appearing on the CMJ charts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Picture - (4:46) - 521 plays
- Something That Just Is - (3:18) - 264 plays
- Crickets - (4:07) - 246 plays
- Elevator Action - (4:10) - 255 plays
- Knots On A Counting Rope - (4:35) - 216 plays
- Trains In The Distance At Night - (5:21) - 229 plays
- A Sudden Interest in Nature - (14:49) - 192 plays
- This Will Self-Destruct - (5:11) - 134 plays
- I Love... - (3:11) - 50 plays
- New Angels - (1:52) - 39 plays