0 Shouts - 6,259 Scrobbles
Shane Coble aka Stranger Day is no stranger to the party. If there's a gig somewhere in a city or back woods of North Carolina, you can count on this hell-raisin', whiskey-swiggin' emcee being the main event. Riding off the buzz of his mixtape “Young, Dumb & Dope” (which has amassed 10,000+ downloads), Stanger Day is readying his first collection of songs, Barstool Bounce.Read More...
Stranger Day rolls with his crew Permanent Vacation, shutting down bars and clubs across the state, and one listen to Barstool Bounce explains why. Take the first track “Not Playin,’” Stanger Day’s personal favorite. “It’s theme of the record,” explains Stranger Day. “I don’t buy into labels [ie hipster hip-hop, underground, etc]. I make music on my terms and am not trying to fit into some category.”
Others also seem to be embracing the track. “Not Playin’” will be the featured as a free download on fuse.tv and will be featured on the site for a month. The video will premier on MTVU in the next month.
But Stranger Day can keep the underground ethics of hip-hop on one track and rock a bounce beat too. On his ode to Southern rap “Moonwalking on the Sun,” producer EMYND creates a head-nodding beat that will have club goers shakin’ their booties, bounce style.
A product of the glorious 80s, Shane grew up a regular southern kid, listening to artists from the likes of Nirvana, Outkast, and Cash Money Millionaires to Company Flow and Hiero. “I loved rock, dirty south rap and backpack stuff.”
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Turn It Up (Prod. by Emynd) - 578 plays
- Not Playin' (Produced by Emynd) - 321 plays
- Fuck You Money (ft. Chip Tha Ripper) Skeet Skeet Remix - 294 plays
- What It Is (ft. Playboy Tre) Emynd Remix) - 185 plays
- Not Playin' - 194 plays
- Life Is Butta Box (Feat. Hollywood Holt_Benzi Remix) - 99 plays
- Not Playin' (Prod. Emynd) - 151 plays
- Gold Panda - Marriage(Stranger Day Rap Edit) - 128 plays
- Moonwalking on the sun ( Prod. Emynd) - 135 plays
- Me (Feat. & Prod. Mike Golden) - 157 plays