0 Shouts - 107,871 Scrobbles
Straitjacket Fits formed in Dunedin, New Zealand in 1986 and were a prominent band in the Flying Nun label's second wave of the Dunedin Sound.Read More...
Like many of their stablemates, the band hailed from the southern city of Dunedin. They formed from the ashes of The Double Happys, a band comprised of Shayne Carter, Wayne Elsey and John Collie. The tragic accidental death of Elsey saw the two remaining Double Happys join forces with David Wood in 1986 to form Straitjacket Fits. Andrew Brough (from The Orange) signed on the following year, adding a foil in the form of pop sensibility to Carter's more raucous songwriting. From their inception, the sound of the band was marked by the seemingly incongruous but highly effective pairing of Carter's rough abrasive voice and strident guitar and Andrew Brough's saccharine-sweet vocals and pop hooks.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- She Speeds - 13,807 plays
- Bad Note For A Heart - 7,664 plays
- Dialling A Prayer - 6,517 plays
- Down In Splendour - 9,714 plays
- Brittle - 5,476 plays
- Life In One Chord - 2,651 plays
- Sparkle That Shines - 3,419 plays
- If I Were You - 3,390 plays
- Missing Presumed Drowned - 2,955 plays
- Hail - 1,829 plays