1,313 Shouts - 29,526,062 Scrobbles
Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner CBE (born 2 October 1951 in Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, England), known by his stage name Sting, is an English musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, activist, actor and philanthropist. Prior to starting his solo career, he was the principal songwriter, lead singer and bassist for the rock band The Police. Throughout his career, Sting has incorporated distinct elements of jazz, reggae, classical, New Age, and worldbeat into his music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI don't drink coffee, I take tea my dear
I like my toast done on one side
And you can hear it in my accent when I talk
I'm an Englishman in New York
You see me walking down Fifth Avenue
- LyricsYou remember me when the west wind moves
Upon the fields of barley
You'll forget the sun in his jealous sky
As we walk in fields of gold
So she took her love for to gaze awhile
- LyricsHe deals the cards as a meditation
And those he plays never suspect
He doesn't play for the money he wins
He don't play for respect
He deals the cards to find the answer
- LyricsI dream of rain ye....yeyi yele...
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in pain ye....yeyi yele...
I dream of love as time runs through my hand ye....yeyi yele...
I dream of fire ye....yeyi yele...
- LyricsWe are not in a position to display these lyrics due to licensing restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- If I Ever Lose My Faith in You - (4:31) - 34,455 plays
- Mad About You - (3:53) - 32,701 plays
- Russians - (3:59) - 26,216 plays
- When We Dance - (4:13) - 26,379 plays
- The Last Ship - (3:50) - 29,098 plays