5,097 Shouts - 7,164,816 Scrobbles
Steven Wilson (born Steven John Wilson on November 3, 1967, in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England) is a self-taught producer, audio engineer, and multi-instrumentalist. Under his own name, Wilson has released a series of singles, titled Cover Version (released between 2003 and 2010; released as a compilation in 2014), and the albums Insurgentes (2008), Grace for Drowning (2011), The Raven That Refused to Sing (and Other Stories) (2013) and Hand. Cannot. Erase. (2015).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhen I was 13 I had a sister for 6 months. She arrived one February morning, pale and shellshocked, from past lives I could not imagine. She was 3 years older than me but in no time we became friends.
We'd listen to her mix tapes; Dead Can Dance, Felt, This Mortal Coil
She introduced me to her favourite books, gave me clothes and my first cigarette.
Sonetimes we would head down to Blackbirds Moor to watch the barges on Grand Union in the twilight. She said, "The water has no memory".
For a few months everything about our lives was perfect. It was only us. We were inseparable.
- LyricsTogether we have this love
Even so it's not enough
Bruised and burned
We won't lose heart
- LyricsWhat do I do with all the children's clothes
such tiny things that still smell of them
And the footprints in the hallway
onto my knees scrub them away
And how to be of use make the tea and the soup
- LyricsYou cross the schoolyard with your head held down
And walk the streets under the breaking cloud
With a hundred futures cascading out
You think of love as just a memory
- LyricsReason never seems to come to guilty men
Things that meant so much mean nothing in the end
That function is dysfunction and to hide the truth
Distracted by their faith, ignoring every proof
- First Regret - (2:01) - 49,281 plays
- Transience - (2:43) - 54,632 plays
- Home Invasion - (6:24) - 50,853 plays
- Regret #9 - (5:00) - 50,458 plays
- Drive Home - (7:37) - 30,526 plays