9 Shouts - 64,607 Scrobbles
Steve Young has never fit comfortably into categories. He follows his own musical and spiritual quest, weaving together Southern roots with a wide experience of life, and creating new traditions in American music. Young was born in Georgia and grew up in Alabama, Georgia and Texas in a family which moved frequently in search of work. By the time he had completed high school in Beaumont, Texas, he was playing guitar and writing songs which incorporated influences of folk , country , gospel, and blues musicians and people like Hank Williams , Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins and others.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Don't Think Twice, It's Alright - (4:07) - 422 plays
- Shopping For Dresses - (3:47) - 300 plays
- Seven Bridges Road - (3:40) - 290 plays
- Alabama Highway (2006 Remastered LP Version) - (5:00) - 245 plays
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (2006 Remastered LP Version) - (3:28) - 223 plays
- Alabama Highway - (4:13) - 824 plays
- If My Eyes Were Blind - (3:36) - 142 plays
- That's How Strong My Love Is - (3:41) - 119 plays
- Montgomery In The Rain - (4:38) - 111 plays
- Jig - (5:56) - 128 plays