0 Shouts - 250,792 Scrobbles
Steve Lacy refers to two different artists:Read More...
1) A jazz saxophonist and composer who came into prominence in the 1950s, known especially for his soprano saxophone playing. Lacy's best known work is a record consisting solely of Thelonious Monk compositions called "Reflections," which was released on Prestige in 1958. Lacy also played in Thelonious Monk's band for a short time in the 60s.
2) An indie rock performer who released his first record, "Steve Lacy's Demo," in 2017. The Internet's founding members Syd and Matt Martians have each released excellent solo albums this winter and now it's their youngest bandmate's turn: Steve Lacy.
Playing with the band throughout high school, the 18-year-old guitarist and producer is credited by many for shaping the groovy sound found on the group's breakout album Ego Death. Finally graduated from school, he's toured with The Internet, produced a song for Big Sean and Jhené Aiko's TWENTY88 project, and featured on Kali Uchis' "Only Girl."
Last month, Martians admitted that his own album wouldn't have been possible without Lacy and told me over the phone, "Steve is like the first little brother I've had, for real. But then again, he's like an older brother, too, because he teaches me things. He's ten years younger than me, so he teaches me things about new ways of thinking and new ideas."
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dark Red - 30,353 plays
- Some - 20,835 plays
- C U Girl - 15,043 plays
- Alone Together - 7,220 plays
I want you and you want me
But we don't know each other enough
Looks ain't enough
- Ryd - 13,083 plays
- Reflections - 5,049 plays
- Thangs - 9,069 plays
- Skippy - 4,110 plays
- Four in One - 4,343 plays