13 Shouts - 187,320 Scrobbles
Steve Harley was born as Steven Nice, on 27 February 1951 in South London, growing up in New Cross and attended the school Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham College. His musical career began in the late 1960s when he was busking (with John Crocker) and performing his own songs, some of which were later recorded by him and the band. The original Cockney Rebel was formed when Steve hooked up with his former folk partner, John Crocker (fiddle / mandolin / guitar) in 1972. They auditioned drummer Stuart Elliott, bassist Paul Jeffreys, and keyboardist Milton Reame-James.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou've done it all, you've broken every code
And pulled the rebel to the floor
You spoilt the game, no matter what you say
For only metal - what a bore!
Blue eyes, blue eyes, how come you tell so many lies?
- Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me) - 2006 Remastered Version - (4:00) - 572 plays
- LyricsHere comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
- LyricsMr. Soft, turn around and force the world
To watch the things you're going through
Mr. Soft, believe everything they tell you
And be dammed if they'll thank you
You paint everything so cruel,
- LyricsJudy Teen, the queen of the scene, she's rag doll amore
Verbal slang, American twang, you dare not ignore
In from New York, prompted her to talk of superballs
Judy Teen grew sick of the scene, just bragging to fools
She took us on a carousel
- Make Me Smile - (3:59) - 237 plays
- Tumbling Down - (9:22) - 158 plays
- Riding The Waves (For Virginia Woolf) - (7:42) - 127 plays
- Sebastian - (5:40) - 151 plays
- Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) - 2006 Digital Remaster - (4:00) - 94 plays