13 Shouts - 193,621 Scrobbles
Steps Ahead was formed by vibraphonist Mike Mainieri as a vehicle to bring together some New York virtuosi in a fusion group. The line-up on Step By Step (December 1980) included tenor saxophonist Michael Brecker, pianist Don Grolnick, bassist Eddie Gomez, and drummer Steve Gadd. The supergroup continued to supply technical mastery but little emotion on Paradox (1982), with Peter Erskine replacing Gadd, and Steps Ahead (1983)...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pools - (11:15) - 560 plays
- Safari - (7:00) - 492 plays
- In A Sentimental Mood - (4:36) - 515 plays
- Sara's Touch - (13:58) - 520 plays
- Oops - (6:22) - 450 plays
- Trains - (9:26) - 443 plays
- Not Ethiopia (alternate take) - (12:22) - 404 plays
- Angels We Have Heard on High - (5:22) - 439 plays
- Self Portrait - (6:03) - 374 plays
- Beirut - (9:57) - 359 plays