7 Shouts - 19,167 Scrobbles
Growing up in a small town in central Tennessee, Stephen Simmons kept his radio tuned to the country station, where the sounds of Don Williams and Waylon Jennings were never more than a few tunes away. Simmons treated those songwriters like school teachers, showing Simmons how to deliver a story, turn a phrase and pack a punch. By the time he released his debut album in 2004, though, Simmons had also learned how to rock. The result was Last Call, a record that had more in common with rootsy, electrified rockers like Neil Young than ‘70s crooners like Charlie Rich.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hearsay - (3:49) - 73 plays
- Stardust - (3:25) - 55 plays
- I'll Be Your Johnny Cash - (4:35) - 60 plays
- The Boobie Bungalow Gentleman's Club - (4:31) - 62 plays
- Emily's Eyes - (3:37) - 61 plays
- Horse Cave, Kentucky - (4:03) - 48 plays
- Just Like A Sad Song - (2:46) - 38 plays
- I'm Late - (2:59) - 37 plays
- Santa Cruz Ridge - (4:20) - 49 plays
- Gold & Silver - (3:34) - 43 plays