10 Shouts - 19,884 Scrobbles
Growing up in a small town in central Tennessee, Stephen Simmons kept his radio tuned to the country station, where the sounds of Don Williams and Waylon Jennings were never more than a few tunes away. Simmons treated those songwriters like school teachers, showing Simmons how to deliver a story, turn a phrase and pack a punch. By the time he released his debut album in 2004, though, Simmons had also learned how to rock. The result was Last Call, a record that had more in common with rootsy, electrified rockers like Neil Young than ‘70s crooners like Charlie Rich.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hard It Goes - (4:14) - 202 plays
- Hearsay - (3:49) - 66 plays
- Stardust - (3:25) - 57 plays
- I'll Be Your Johnny Cash - (4:35) - 72 plays
- I Ain't Lonely (I'm Just Lonesome) - (5:11) - 51 plays
- Horse Cave, Kentucky - (4:03) - 48 plays
- Emily's Eyes - (3:37) - 54 plays
- I'm Late - (2:59) - 35 plays
- Just Like A Sad Song - (2:46) - 42 plays
- Spark - (3:02) - 50 plays