Stanley Clarke, Al Di Meola & Jean-Luc Ponty
16 Shouts - 122,929 Scrobbles
In the fusion world, Stanley Clarke (1951) was the first bassist to headline sold out tours and have his albums reach gold status. He essentially made it just fine to be a bass player, band leader and seller of lots of records and preceded the late, great Jaco Pastorius as the first prominent fusion bass player. Clarke was part of the seminal fusion group, Return To Forever, along with Chick Corea, Al DiMeola and various drummers. He's also an accomplished composer of film soundstracks, such as Boys N the Hood, Passenger 57, Higher Learning, and Poetic Justice.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Change Of Life - (5:29) - 570 plays
- Indigo - (7:12) - 399 plays
- Chilean Pipe Song - (6:14) - 259 plays
- Morocco - (5:44) - 545 plays
- Song To John (Dedicated To John Coltrane) - (6:03) - 86 plays
- Topanga - (5:56) - 83 plays
- Memory Canyon - (5:59) - 194 plays
- La Cancion De Sofia - (8:33) - 101 plays
- Renaissance - (4:36) - 110 plays
- Renassaince - (4:35) - 54 plays