Stanley Clarke, Al Di Meola & Jean-Luc Ponty
13 Shouts - 114,774 Scrobbles
In the fusion world, Stanley Clarke (1951) was the first bassist to headline sold out tours and have his albums reach gold status. He essentially made it just fine to be a bass player, band leader and seller of lots of records and preceded the late, great Jaco Pastorius as the first prominent fusion bass player. Clarke was part of the seminal fusion group, Return To Forever, along with Chick Corea, Al DiMeola and various drummers. He's also an accomplished composer of film soundstracks, such as Boys N the Hood, Passenger 57, Higher Learning, and Poetic Justice.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Indigo - (7:12) - 309 plays
- Chilean Pipe Song - (6:14) - 196 plays
- Morocco - (5:44) - 208 plays
- Memory Canyon - (5:59) - 206 plays
- Topanga - (5:56) - 208 plays
- Change Of Life - (5:29) - 208 plays
- Song To John (Dedicated To John Coltrane) - (6:03) - 165 plays
- La Cancion De Sofia - (8:33) - 159 plays
- Renaissance - (4:36) - 149 plays
- Renassaince - (4:35) - 114 plays