Stanley Clarke, Al Di Meola & Jean-Luc Ponty
14 Shouts - 117,149 Scrobbles
In the fusion world, Stanley Clarke (1951) was the first bassist to headline sold out tours and have his albums reach gold status. He essentially made it just fine to be a bass player, band leader and seller of lots of records and preceded the late, great Jaco Pastorius as the first prominent fusion bass player. Clarke was part of the seminal fusion group, Return To Forever, along with Chick Corea, Al DiMeola and various drummers. He's also an accomplished composer of film soundstracks, such as Boys N the Hood, Passenger 57, Higher Learning, and Poetic Justice.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Change Of Life - (5:29) - 156 plays
- Indigo - (7:12) - 173 plays
- Chilean Pipe Song - (6:14) - 121 plays
- Morocco - (5:44) - 121 plays
- Memory Canyon - (5:59) - 114 plays
- Topanga - (5:56) - 124 plays
- Renaissance - (4:36) - 105 plays
- La Cancion De Sofia - (8:33) - 85 plays
- Song To John (Dedicated To John Coltrane) - (6:03) - 93 plays
- Renassaince - (4:35) - 57 plays