Spirit Family Reunion
0 Shouts - 92,324 Scrobbles
Spirit Family Reunion play homegrown American music to stomp, clap, shake and holler with. Ever since they started singing together on the street corners, farmer's markets and subway stations of New York City, their songs have rung-out in a pure and timeless way. When Spirit Family Reunion gather to sing, there is communion. Strangers and neighbors come to rejoice in the sound, and there is no divide between performer and spectator.Read More...
In a strange barroom or a grand music hall, at a barn dance or on the sunny street corner, Spirit Family Reunion keep the book open, and that old familiar feeling that was almost lost is again new.
"Dusty acoustic guitars, wailing fiddles and weeping accordions, with a woozy-yet-skintight rhythm section-- and topped off with burr-edged vocals that sound like they've been soaked in a Mason jar for generations -- it's the type of music that blurs the line between past and present so thoroughly, and so deftly, that time feels irrelevant."
- Paste Magazine Best of What's Next
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Green Rocky Road - 10,384 plays
- The Night Replaced the Day - 8,039 plays
- I Want To Be Relieved - 7,678 plays
- 100 Greenback Dollar Bills - 7,166 plays
- I Am Following the Sound - 7,230 plays
- Under the Highway - 5,658 plays
- I'll Find a Way - 5,750 plays
- No Separation - 5,079 plays
- Sorrow I've Known - 4,448 plays
- On My Mind - 4,489 plays