0 Shouts - 3,779,231 Scrobbles
Spinvis is Erik de Jong, a Dutchman living in the suburban jungle of Nieuwegein, the Netherlands. In 2001 he produced his first album, Spinvis, in his attic with computers, samplers, musical instruments and other objects laying around. Most remarkable are his poetic lyrics, that are at times nonsensical and non-consecutive.Read More...
His third album, Dagen van Gras, Dagen van Stro (Days of Grass, Days of Straw) was released in 2005. In August 2007 Goochelaars en geesten (Magicians and Ghosts) a collection of earlier work including B-sides, unpublished tracks and songs produced under assignment was released.
In 2006 Spinvis teamed up with Simon Vinkenoog. Together they have released a new album, titled Spinvis Combo / Ja! (Yes!). In 2007 they joined their performances in a festival act called Noga.
The Popprijs 2006 was awarded to Spinvis at the Noorderslag Festival in Groningen, an award for artists who have made an important contribution to Dutch pop music.
In 2011, his new album Tot Ziens, Justine Keller came out, being well received by the audience.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ik Wil Alleen Maar Zwemmen - 183,511 plays
- Voor ik vergeet - 155,014 plays
- Bagagedrager - 158,027 plays
- Smalfilm - 144,349 plays
- kom terug - 115,937 plays
- Astronaut - 102,832 plays
- Het Voordeel Van Video - 107,887 plays
- Aan de Oevers Van De Tijd - 95,967 plays
- Ronnie gaat naar huis - 85,090 plays
- Dagen Van Gras, Dagen van Stro - 89,939 plays